Friday, May 25, 2007
Welcome home Flying Tigers!
Well all the guys have made it home over the past 10 days and I was one of the lucky ones -- Glenn was one of the first home! It was actually a huge surprise, because I wasn’t expecting him for another week or more. It was one of those bad deals, turned good. He left Iraq a couple days early to be the LNO in Qatar, however he got there and they really didn’t need him. He asked to leave early, but they kept saying NO. Well someone must have had a change of heart cause they suddenly released him and said he could go home but had to find his own way. Glenn said he never moved so fast, he grabbed his bags and headed for the terminal and begged to get on the next flight to the US. He ended up in Florida with their ANG. As he got off the plane there was a huge party for the returning soldiers and Glenn said he just walked up to some random guy and asked to use his cell phone. That’s when I got the best message from him saying “Hi, I’m in Jacksonville, Florida.”

Total shock!!! I was so happy to hear he was almost home, but at the same time I started to freak out -- I wasn’t ready for him! You all know, after spending months apart it is nice to have the house clean, fridge stocked, and most important…looking your best! Well, I only had a few hours to figure everything out so I had to prioritize what was most important -- such as washing the sheets because Boe had been sleeping with me every night. Anyways, everything wasn’t as perfect as I wanted it to be, but it didn’t matter. I found a cute outfit that best hid my baby belly and made it to the airport just in time to pick him up.

Sorry I don’t have any pictures of our home coming, but here are a bunch of pictures of random greetings throughout the week.











Not the best picture, it was windy on the ramp -- but this is the only picture I have from the last week of homecomings.


5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for y'all! The homecoming photos are great...you can really feel the emotion (maybe because I have been there and know what y'all are feeling!)

I would have been FREAKING out about not being ready. But, we all know that doesn't really matter. Enjoy your time together!

Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

YEA!!!! What an awesome story, Kelly. While I was reading my heart started beating faster for you. I can remember feeling like my heart was going to pop out of my chest both times I was about to see Joe again. I'm so happy for y'all!

Oh, and yeah, the wind was blowing, but that last pic is a great one. Have a great time together!!!!

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

YIPPEE!!! I am so glad you prioritized and in the end realized all that matters is clean sheets....hee hee! You guys look so happy in that picture :0)

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

OMG!!! I am soooooooooooo excited and happy for you! I can't BELIEVE you and Glenn are going to be parents in just a matter of weeks! Enjoy it, enjoy it, enjoy it. I know it sounds crazy, but later on, you will miss having that little guy in your tummy.

Call me when you get a free minute! You look AMAZING!

Blogger Lysandra said...

I love the homecoming part! I was more nervous about that than the leaving. Strange. I love your belly too! You look f-ing fantastic.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG