Tuesday, February 20, 2007
We're having a BABY!
Yes, it is true…I’m pregnant!

I know this may come as a shock for some and others may of suspected it for awhile…but either way, can you believe it, Glenn and I are going to become parents! It’s still a little surreal and at times it is hard to fathom that in a few more months, my life is going to change forever.

Things seem to be going well, at least now that the first trimester has passed. From week 5 to 15 I had my head stuck in a toilet bowl and Glenn thought it was humorous that I could fall asleep anywhere, anytime. But the last 6 weeks things have been much better. Unfortunately, that was when Glenn left, so he probably saw the worst of me, except I didn’t have a belly yet.

I guess you can also tell from the pictures I had my first ultrasound. Around week 16 we had some of my blood test come back positive (for both spinal bifida and down syndrome) and I was referred to a perinatologist for an in-depth screening. To make a long story short, the baby looks great and everthing should be fine. Can you see in the picture...he is sending us the thumbs-up, telling us that all is good!

Oh ya, we also found out that we are having a BOY!

Glenn was ecstatic...although, he claims there was no doubt in his mind that it wouldn't be a boy. I, on the other hand, was going to be happy either way as long as the baby was healthy – I know sounds cliché, but I think most pregnant women would agree.

So I hope my faithful blog readers won’t be offended that I’ve kept this my own little secret for so long. It was just my way of dealing with things and wanting to make sure that everything was going to be okay. But now that I am more than 21 weeks, I think it is okay to share news....I'm going to be a mummy!!!


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Wow! I have never seen an ultra sound so up close and personal.... I never had one. It is amazing!
Hi Baby Ott! Glad to hear things have settled down and all is good.
Take care,
Lots of love and hugs,
Aunt Bonnie

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

KELLLYYYYY!!!! How exciting! Hmmmmm, no wonder you never had a beverage in your hand in any of those pictures :0) What wonderful news!
Re: the test results...my sisters were postive and her baby is beautiful and smart as a whip with no problems.....other than doting grandparents as well as spoiling aunts and uncles!

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!

I am SOOOO Excited for you guys!!!

As soon as I feel better, I'm going shopping for the Ott baby!! DO you have a name picked out?

Blogger Lysandra said...

I am totally excited. You will love having a boy! You will love being a mommy! I am glad you posted this. I can't believe that you kept it a secret for so long! Good for you!

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

When is your due date?

Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

YEA KELLY!!! Congrats to you and Glenn!
This is so awesome...make sure you fill us in on any baby registries.
Tell little baby Ott hello from me.

Blogger Katie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Congratulations! I can't believe you kept it a secret so long! I am impressed....you are more than half way there. How exciting!

P.S. Will daddy be back for the birth?

Blogger Kelly said...

Glenn should be back the first week of June and I'm due July 1st. It should all work out....but then it is the military and you never know.

No names yet...I think boys names are harder than girls. I'm starting a list and will probably figure out something when Glenn gets back.

Thanks for all your wonderful messages....it helps because I've been really nervous and it's hard to get excited without Glenn here.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG