Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Happy 40th Birthday Kathy!
As my sister’s 40th birthday approached, I knew we had to do something special for her. It was a little hard because both my mum and I don’t live nearby, but my mum was able to recruit a few of her friends to help plan a surprise dinner. My job wasn’t too hard; I just had to make it 3000 miles (to Comox, British Columbia) without her finding out. Well everything worked out as planned and we were able to get over to the island and be waiting at the restaurant for a big surprise.

The biggest surprise was that me, mum, dad and a friend from Calgary all made it in from out of town to surprise Kathy. I haven’t seen Kathy since last spring, so I was definitely the big surprise for her….and the tear said it all.

Me and Jenn (from Calgary) setting up for the party

We were able to spend the next 4 days on the island and make Kathy’s birthday a weeklong celebration. Everyone had a great time and I’m so glad we were able to give Kathy some wonderful memories she will never forget.

Jarid, Kathy, Alan, and Darin


5 Comments:

Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

How awesome is that! You're such a good sister, Kelly.

Blogger Jill said...

i'm glad your suprise was a success! hope it was a fabulous trip, we need to catch up soon!

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Yay, Surprises!! That sounds like an incredibly fun, family filled trip. Gotta love those :0)

Blogger Allison said...

How COOL! You get BIG little sis brownie points for that!!!

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

You are the best sister ever!!!
I'm lucky if I even get a phone call from my brother on my b-day.

Can you be my sister and come visit me in Texas in December?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG