Monday, April 30, 2007
3D ultrasound
I wasn't too sure if I was going to post these pictures. Can't give you an exact excuse, except I was just a little nervous doing so. Not sure why I’m nervous, maybe it’s because I feel like he is so protected inside my belly and now it’s like I’ve let everyone in to see. Am I crazy? Please tell me that this solicitousness is just an uncontrollable motherly instinct!

I had this 3d ultrasound about 5 weeks ago. The little peanut was just 26weeks old and he probably weighed around 2lbs at the time. When we first started the ultrasound he was sound asleep. It took 5 minutes of shaking/poking/and me turning side to side to get him to wake-up and turn around so we could see his face. He never opened his eyes for us, but he sure was active. We could see him playing with the umbilical cord, sucking his thumb (or at least trying), drinking the amniotic fluid, rubbing his face…and oh ya, grabbing his 'package' (yes, it is definitely a boy).


*You can click on any picture to make it bigger*

"Hello...I'm trying to sleep in here!"


Sounds weird, but this is one of my favorite pictures.
I love seeing his scrunched up little body.
And I laugh, because that is such a Glenn knee.


Trying to find his thumb.
Does this mean I have a thumb sucker already?


Might be little, but this foot loves to kick!


"Thanks! I'm going back to sleep."


It was truly an amazing experience and it was really nice having a non-invasive, non-medical ultrasound. I loved the fact that we could just take the time to look around, see what he looks like and what he is doing in there. It was also great because I was able to leave the ultrasound with a disk full of digital pictures and a 30 minute dvd that I was able to copy and mail to Glenn.


8 Comments:

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Aaahhhh Kelly! That made me all emotional. I miss being pregnant. I'll just blame you when I ask Andrew to give me another baby!

Blogger Tracy said...

Surely you didn't get this awesome ultrasound from Bragg did you? Those are amazing. It really makes all the sickness, weight gain and tiredness worth it doesn't it???

Blogger Katie said...

Oh my gosh! I am so, so excited for you! Those photos are AWESOME. I can understand your hesitation to show those photos, because it is such a private time where you just get to be aware of him all the time, and everyone else has no idea what is going on inside you. I am glad you showed them, though! Congratulations! He is just beautiful.

Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Oh, Kelly! What amazing pictures. I have never seen such detailed pictures like those. I'm so happy for you and that you were able to send the video to Glenn.
Thanks for sharing with us!

Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks guys!!!! I'm so glad you like the pictures. And Tracy you're right, I had to go up to Durham for the ultrasound -- totally worth it!

Blogger Jill said...

wow, those are some amazing photos! i didn't know they could do it in 3D. baby boy ott is so cute already!

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

WHOA!!! That is wild! I know they do that, but I cannot say I have ever seen one. Very neat! Thank you soooo much for sharing with us, despite your hestitation, I am glad you did!

Blogger Lysandra said...

Well I am glad you got to peek in. Having a baby really is an amazing experience, no matter how hard it is! You are already a good mommy protecting your baby.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG