Saturday, January 06, 2007
Another Deployment
Everyone who is part of the military knows that deployments are inevitable. You know it going to happen and you try to do everything to prepare….but it doesn’t matter what you do, it is still never easy.

Honestly, I think one of the hardest parts is the time leading up to the deployment. It starts with the tan uniforms entering the house, writing “Ott” on every piece of clothing, stuffing two A-3 bags with everything they could possible need in six months, visiting the lawyer for a will and a POA, calling banks and insurance companies…..and so on. Then comes the day you have to drop them off and say goodbye...

That said, Glenn has left on another deployment. But I have to say, that now he is gone I have a small sense of relief that we can stop talking and preparing for it, and we can get this deployment over and done with!

Saying our last goodbye at Green Ramp

So the guys have headed off to Iraq. I know it was a little rough for them getting settled and Glenn got hit with the flu his first week there...nevertheless, things seem to be going well now and I’m just looking forward to the day that everyone gets to come home safe and sound.


6 Comments:

Blogger Lysandra said...

Oh I hate deployments....I just do. Sorry you have to go through another one. Also, I have been checking your blog but for some reason the posts weren't showing. I am glad to see you are doing well.

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Ahhhh, the hoys of saying goodbye. The process getting to the actual goodbye is ever any fun. I always look at it as once they finally leave they are that much closer to coming back. Sounds like life is crazy for them right now, you are all in my thoughts.

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Aahhhh... I have missed you SOOO much. I knew the guys were going to be leaving soon--again, so I didn't want to bother you by calling.

I'll try you later on this week/weekend!

Blogger Katie said...

I HATE that lead-up part. The stupid tan flight suits. I HATE THOSE. I know it is hard! I hope it goes by fast!

Blogger Allison said...

I firmly believe the the week leading up to the goodbye is worse than the actual deployment itself. I hate that part!!!! But, it could be worse. They could be in a Stryker Brigade.

Blogger Jamie said...

Oh I love your blog site. The photos of the baby are amazing!!!! What a cutie pie! Thought I would stop by and say hi there. I am glad you have other women in your situation that surround you. I bet it gets lonely. Wish I could drop by and keep you company. Well take care and keep in touch.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG