Thursday, May 10, 2007
I got mail
Well he might not be home yet, however I’ve had the first sign of Glenn’s return….LAUNDRY! Over the last week or so I’ve had 2 boxes and 1 large plastic tote full of clothes and military shit show up on my doorstep. I was actually kinda excited to get the packages thinking maybe there would be a gift inside for me or at least a short note. But NO, it was just his dirty laundry!

I can’t be mad…I would do laundry and many other things, just to have my husband home again. But I must say there was a little bit of disappointment; I thought there would be something more exciting inside (and I’m not talking about Iraqi desert sand). I even went through the pockets of the bags, jackets and clothing thinking I might find something. And then I got really desperate, I actually smelt a couple pieces thinking it would remind me of Glenn. No luck -- at least it didn’t smell bad, just that stale/musty nothing smell. (Did I just admit doing that? I sound like some sort of crazy teenage, superfan…aaagghh)

Well that is my excitement for the week. The good news, the guys are planning their trip home…so it shouldn’t be too long now.


5 Comments:

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

How exciting! Somtimes we will take anything we can get at that point. Here is to a safe return!!

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I bet you can't wait for his return! He is going to LOVE seeing you and your tiny, cute belly!!!

Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

That's so funny, Kelly. It reminds me of last year when Joe and I were depolyed. When he got to Bagram he noticed he accidentally took some of my stuff so he sent it to me at Manas. When i got the package I thought there would be something special for me in it...and I pretty much did the same thing as you. Too funny!
I bet you are super excited to have Glenn home soon. YEA for you! :-) What a great feeling it is knowing you'll get to see him soon.

Blogger Katie said...

Hey as long as you aren't eating the sand, I'd say you're good! (I've heard pregnant people do that occasionally). Also, I never knew they could mail their laundry home....that is a new one for me! It is a good sign that he will be home soon!

Blogger Lysandra said...

That cracks me up! Laundry! I hope he has a super safe and uneventful trip home!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG