Sunday, March 11, 2007
Girls' Night Out
Well, what do you do with a bunch of lonely, sexually deprived women whose husbands are stuck in the desert....you spoil them with a great meal and lots of drinks. Okay, so life isn't that bad, but it definitely helps to be surrounded by other women who are in the same situation as youself.

So, last night a group of us went out to the Coach Light Cafe in Southern Pines. For those of you who don't know the area, we kinda live in a weird spot for restaurants (or any kind of shopping for that matter). It is 30 minutes to Fayetteville, 30 minutes to Sanford, 30 minutes to Lillington, or 30 minutes to Southern Pines. Southern Pines is only 2 miles from the Village of Pinehurst, so I would guess that 75% of the people who live in the area are retired and/or golf fanatics. That said, the town is pretty quiet at night. Anyways, we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves. The only other table was a nice older man and his wife. The manager came over and introduced the gentleman and said he wanted to help us out with our bill. I guess he asked when we came in what the occasion was and she said not much, just a bunch of military wives whose husbands are deployed. Anyways, we all thanked the man and thought it was so sweet that he would do such a nice thing. Now I'm not sure about the other girls, but I was thinking he might buy a couple desserts for the table that we could share...or something small like that. But no, we got the bill and he had put $200 down on our table. We couldn't believe it! It amazes me that a complete stranger would jump so quickly, to do something so nice...I guess it was his way of saying thanks.

I could go on about the generosity and kindness of so many people, but it doesn't take much to make a pregnant girl cry....so, moving on.

After dinner we headed out in search of a bar. The first bar we found was really shady and we were ready to give up when the next two were closed. But we actually found a great pub style, sports bar in downtown Southern Pines....and it was packed with people. I couldn't believe it. I felt like asking half the people in there where they came from. Anyways, we had a great time and I will definitely take Glenn there when he comes back, I really think he would like it...and it's something different to do.



How did we let DeAnn and Denise sneak out of this picture?


Thanks for the great night girls! And I'll send the rest of the pictures by email.


6 Comments:

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

We've been playing phone tag! I'll try you again this afternoon.

You don't even look like you have a baby in your tummy. I think I need to open up a burger joint and start feeding a bunch of you skinny-minnies.

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Yeah, what noel said in regards to the tummy! You look fabulous! More Burgers for KellY!!!

Blogger Kelly said...

I don't know guys...I think I'm just hiding it in the photos. Trust me, I'm getting big!

Blogger Lysandra said...

Oh! Please Tell Kristen W. that I said "hi". I remember when she bought that shirt she is wearing! Glad you had fun....sorry you are all still sexually deprived.

Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I agree...you look great! Sounds like y'all had a great time and don't you just love nice people. I do!

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Hey! Levi is Marti and Paul Vicars son. Did you know them? They were in the 18th--very nice family! Have a good day!

Noel

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG