Thursday, January 04, 2007
Learning to shoot a handgun
I guess I should start here with telling you just how afraid I am of guns. There are so many reasons, but the biggest is that I just don’t trust them. Glenn has always said he wanted to teach me to shoot a gun, so that maybe I wouldn’t be so scared. So for Christmas last year Glenn got me a gift certificate to Guns Plus (yeah, aren’t I a lucky girl). Anyways, the gift certificate sat on my dresser for a year and Glenn finally asked when I was going to use it. So Glenn and I made it a date and spent a whole afternoon with a 9mm handgun, going over the safety features and teaching me how to shoot.

It is definitely harder than I expected.


Not too sure if this is something I should be proud. But I should thank Glenn because it did help me get over some of my fears.

I actually hate to admit it...but I had fun. I think I may even be up for going again someday.


3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Too much information all at once!! I am so glad you are updating, have I said that already? I, too, am afraid of guns. Strange considering I got my hunter's safety license when I was 12.

Blogger Allison said...

So cool! Shooting a gun is definitely one of those things that looks easier than it really is. Looks like you had a good time!

Blogger Jill said...

oh, kelly, you're so badass and you didn't even know it.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG