Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Wrightsville Beach, NC (and Boe's new leash!)
I’ve had my parents visiting the past couple weeks. Can’t say we did anything too exciting…generally, there was a lot of shopping and trying to decide which new restaurant we would try. But we did do some NC sight seeing and I think Boe’s favorite day was going to the beach.

I love the beach! For me, the ocean is energizing and yet calming at the same time. Boe loves all the new smells and exploring as much as he can. Wrightsville Beach is about 2 ½ hours from our house, but worth the drive every now and then. Not only is the beach beautiful, you can get some wonderful seafood.

Thanks to my mum (and my new camera we were testing out) there are a bunch of pictures of Boe and I. But you may also notice the ugly looking strap over Boe's nose. Well, I finally broke down and bought a Gentle Leader. I love Boe and believe he could be one of the best dogs in the world (yes, I’m a proud mummy and a little bias) but he has never been fun to walk. Actually, to be more accurate he is one of those dogs that likes to take you for a walk. It’s his hound nose that gets ahead of him and we end up playing a game of tug-and-war. Anyways, with me pregnant I’ve been getting scared that I’m just not strong enough for him anymore and he was going to pull me over. So with the advice of a few friends I was off to Pet Smart to buy him the Gentle Leader.

Well let me tell you, today I have a new dog. I was a little skeptical, but it works!!! Boe definitely doesn’t like the feeling of the strap across his nose, but it’s not hurting him and now I think he has gotten used to it. Nevertheless, the best part is that he has stopped pulling and we can actually enjoy a walk together. I LOVE IT!


As you can see, Boe is a huge part of my life…I don’t know how I would survive these deployments without him. He is pretty much my best friend right now. It’s really nice to have someone to come home to, he is a great listener, and he loves to curl up on the couch or in bed to watch tv. I just hope he doesn’t get too jealous when the baby comes, because we certainly spend a lot of time together now.

We miss you daddy!


7 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

what?!?? boe, not pulling on his leash? are you sure????? i just don't believe it.

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I love the gentle leader! Roxy used one for years. I threaten to put her back on it when she is being a jerk. Life will never be the same!

Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Gosh, I think I need that for Lilly girl! Maybe I should look into one of those!

Enjoy time with your family!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll attest to that - Boe is a changed dog. He doesn't take me for a walk anymore, I take him. Really enjoyed the sunshine in NC, what a nice break from Vancouver's rain. Thanks for the great visit Kelly. Luv. Mum

Blogger Jill said...

wouldn't you know it, boe was in my dream last night! and he was TALKING!

speaking of talking, we should talk soon!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, just checked out your bloggage. You look fantastic in all the photos, never even be able to tell there's another little ott in there. I hope you're holding up o.k. and remember you always got a few Alaskans thinking of you. Congratulations on the baby and hang in there. Love, B

Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I'll have to pass on the news of the gentle leader to one of my girl friends. She's gonna love you for it! The beach you went to looked really pretty...makes me wanna hurry up and get back to Mexico.

I love the you and Boe picture :-)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG