Monday, September 25, 2006
Happy (30th) Birthday to me...
I remember a decade ago thinking 30 was old...and alas, now I am 30!

"Oh, how time flies!"


I've been worrying about this day for a few months now. To me, it seems like 30 is the new 21....the age of entering into adulthood. You can get away with things in your 20's, but now, it's like we should have it all figured out and there are no excuses.

Nevertheless, I have some incredible memories of the last 10,680 days of my life, and overall, I am proud of where I am today. I also must not forget, that I have an amazing husband, a wonderful family, and a ton of great friends, whom I all love dearly.

Me yesterday, enjoying the last day of my 20's


So, as I move on into my 30's, I'm looking forward to many new and exciting times ahead. I can guarantee that Glenn and I will move again in the next year or two (and who knows how many other times in our lives) and quite possibly start our own little family (don't go getting too excited yet). But honestly, my melancholic views of turning 30 are slowing dissipating, as I realize that time does go fast, life is meant to be celebrated, and you're only as old as you think you are.


6 Comments:

Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Happy birthday!!!! I look forward to 30, so let me know how it goes for you :0) Yay, Kelly!

(I added you to my notable blog list on my own blog:0)

Blogger Katie said...

Happy Birthday!! 30 is GREAT. I love being in my 30s!! Keep up the good attitude! Those 20-somethings are little punks, afterall.

Blogger Abby & Patrick said...

Happy birthday!!! I'm glad to hear you've got a great attitude about 30, considering all of us are almost or already there :) By the way, you look great! I did a double take when you messaged my blogsite. I'm adding a link to your site as well.

Have a happy b-day week!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey little sis! So, It's (being 30) not so bad eh? I kinda like being able to say that you and I are both in our 30's now! (for 4 months!!) Hope you have a great day, week and decade!! My 30's have been everything to me, nothing really started til then. Love ya, KD

Blogger Kelly said...

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes. Yes, my first full day as a 30-year-old went well...hope it stays that way.

Blogger Lysandra said...

happy belated birthday!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG